From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Jul 1999 23:30:57 -0700
Howdy!

The outlaws and myself are preparing to move to a new home.  One of the
features of our new home, will be carpeting in my bedroom (which
coincidentally is the ferret room).  Baxter has NEVER lived with carpeting
before.  Presently he lives in my bedroom, but we have tile.  What kind
of precautions should I make to guard against sharking/pooping?  I am
concerned because I will be rooming with friends in a house and don't want
the boy to do too much damage.  Minka never had any problem with carpets.
They have a digging sandbox, and a pond that Baxter likes to dig in.  Is
there anything else I should consider?

Secondly, I have found with my pair (yeah, there are only 2 which is I am
sure a BIG difference then if there were 10) to be almost 95% accurate with
pans.  Of course they have 4 pans in a 12x10 room, that may have something
to do with it.  The only time they go outside the pan is when they are mad
at me because I have gotten busy and haven't cleaned out their favorite pan
recently.  Then they go right next to it!  I do not, however, use those
triangle shaped ferret litter pans.  When I used those, their hit rate was
about 30%.  They hated them!!  I now use the stackable bins from rubbermaid
or the like that are low cut in the front.  Since I have used those, it has
made a world of difference!

Joanne & Minka Rue & Baxter J Stubbins III