From:
Danee DeVore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Aug 2002 22:45:09 EDT
Hey, Jerimiah!  Its your buddy, Hershey, here.  You know, da handsome
chocolate guy dat has ADV.

Anyways, I has a question to ask you.  Mom says dat you are da Ferret
Wise mascot ferret, and dat part of your job is to help da ferrets dat
come to your shelter, and splain things to dem.  So, I figure you must
know a lot, and can help me wit my problem.

It has to do with my mom.  She is a real good mom, and loves me a lot.
When I gots real sick from da ADV, she talked with lots of different
vets, and found some medicine dat made me feel better.  But now I am
worried dere is somthing wrong with her, cause she gots leaky eyes.

I noticed it da first time over a week ago.  She had been givin me my
special supper, and when I was done, put me on da floor.  Now, it was a
real good supper, and I was feelin pretty good.  Normally, I don't play
wit toys an stuff, but this night, I was feelin really frisky, an I went
an started running back and forth thru da tubes.  I was havin a good ol
time, an was even rollin over an scootin along thru dem on my back, an I
looked out and mom was standing der watchin.  So, I stuck my head out,
an I noticed she had leaky eyes.  I came over to her to see what was da
matter, an she picked me up and hugged me an tole me how much she loved
me.  Well, heck, I know dat!  Den, a few nights later, after my supper,
she asked me if I wanted to go downstairs and splore.  Now, splorin is
what I really like to do, specially in da basement.  Dis night, my
cagemate Kokopelli wanted to come down too.  Mom usually only lets me go
down da basement, but Pelli has been kinda sad lately, cause his bestest
buddy, Mo, left us and went to da Bridge.  So, Mom said Pelli could come
down too.  Well, we both ran down da stairs, an when we got to da bottom,
Pelli jumped on me.  Now, I don't usually wrassel with anyone, but that
night I was feeling kinda silly, so I jumped at him, and we started
wrasselin.  Den, Pelli started running, and I ran after him and said
"Tag, your it!"  An dem he started chasing me.  Den I noticed Mom was
watchin us, and she had leaky eyes again.  We both went to see if she
was OK, and she picked us both up an hugged us and said she loved us.

So, my question is, what is with dose leaky eyes?  Do I need to take my
mom to a vet or something?  Is leaky eyes something to worry about?  I
been watchin her real close, and otherwise she seems OK.

I think we are goin to have a big celebration tomorrow.  It's cause
September 1 is my birthday.  I will be 7 years old.  Mom says it is real
special, cause after I got da ADV I was so sick, and she thought I was
gonna go to da Bridge.  I don't know why she thought dat, cause I like it
here wit her just fine.  But, for some reason, she didn't think I would
stay dis long.  So, she says we are really gonna celebrate - BIG TIME!

Take care,
Your buddy, Hershey.