From:
Kelleen & The INSANE 10 <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Apr 1996 16:35:04 -0700
If you are willing to help me with Rocki here is her whole history so you
have it to show the vets or just for yourself.  THANK YOU ALL so very much!
I do not want to lose this little girl, please help us.

Here is the complete history of this illness with Rocki.

3/21/96 -  At 5 pm I pick up Rocki from people who no longer want her.

3/24/96 -  I see the 1st bloody discharge around 4 to 6 am..

3/24/96 - 3/26/96 = I correspond with you and several others about what
exactly occurs with a ferret in heat.

3/27/96 -   9:00 am. 1st possible appointment with vet.  He says she is
showing classic signs of just beginning a heat.
           11:00 am. He operates to do the spay but finds she is already
spayed.  He checks for leftover ovarian tissue and looks the adrenals
over.  No tissue found and adrenals look fine by sight.
            5:00 pm. I go and pick her up & bring her home.  Very, very
groggy from the Ketomine (sp?) and is that way thru the next morning
(very scary).  I force feed her A.D. and she drinks some Deliver 2.0 on
her own in very small amounts. I give her this often thru the whole night.
           10:00 pm. I give her the 1st dose of Amoxi-drops prescribed
for possible vaginitis.  Dosage is .5 mL twice a day of Amoxi which
equals 50 mg per mL.

4/1/96 -    3:00 am. I continued the Amoxi daily and then around this
time I pick up Rocki to love her after she has just awakened and notice
another bloody discharge.  I start to add dosages of Colloidal Silver
along with the Amoxi..  I give her approx. 2 to 2 1/2 cc's of Silver
Wings brand CS at 270 ppm..  She gets this twice a day just like the
Amoxi..  She loves it and takes the Amoxi even better knowing this comes
right afterwards.
            9:45 pm. or so I get fairly worried and place the call to
verify your phone number thinking it was your business but got you at
home instead.  (THANKS again for picking up my call.  You gave me a plan
of action to follow thru on the next morning which made me feel much
better and more secure)

4/2/96 -   11:00 am.  I take Rocki to the vet and have them keep her to
draw blood for a complete blood work-up and to collect urine for a
urinalysis.
            6:00 pm.  I pick Rocki back up and they tell me the urine
showed blood in it and the ratio of red to white blood cells in it leads
them to believe it is a very progressed bladder infection but they do not
think the kidneys are involved yet this is not for sure tho as the test
only shows if 60% or more of the kidneys are involved.  Blood back
tomorrow.  Am instructed to keep her on the Amoxi for now, same dosage.
I continue the CS as well.

4/3/96 -  Only some of the blood results are in and it still looks as tho
it is just the bladder and not the kidneys (Thank heaven!).  All results
will be in tomorrow.
            8:00 pm.  After 3 days with the CS added I am seeing definite
improvement.  She is coming out of her cage more and not sleeping as
much.  Still not as active as should be but looks like we are on our way
to getting better!

4/4/96 -  All results in and is definitely not involving the kidneys.
Continuing Amoxi. and CS at same dosage.  Rocki seems to be feeling even
better today!

4/5/96 - 4/10/96 - Have continued with Amoxi. and CS and Rocki is
improving more each day.  Still not 100% I do not feel but getting there.
Picked up more Amoxi. today to continue with.

4/12/96  -  Lightstar grabbed Rocki scaring her and afterwards I noticed
vulva was wet.  I checked more intently and spread it open to find a
bloddy discharge puddling up.  Seems the Amoxi is not working.

      Kelleen & the INSANE Animal House