From:
Sharon Wood <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 20 May 2001 11:21:12 EDT
I recently left a message at White Russians site asking for ideas on how to
drum up funds for support of research for ADV.  The testing itself seems
like a great way to raise funds for the research.  I can't imagine that
people would actually be against a relatively cheap test that could save
their ferrets lives!  Or alert them to the fact that their ferret has a
short time to be with them!  I would want to know.

I mentioned before that I recently started a ferret club, (got me into
another problem) but I can a few opportunities to raise awareness that way
as well.  I was thinking of having a shot clinic with a vet in residence
with ADV testing and maybe charging a dollar or two more than the actual
cost of the test or asking for donations.  But I think that in order to
encourage people to see the necessity of the test I would need at the very
least an informative flyer, better yet, a pamphlet.

Would anyone in the Sierra Vista area of Arizona have any ideas?  Would
anyone on the board know of a downloadable pamphlet (free!) for ADV?  Does
anyone know of a sympathetic ferret interested vet in my area?  (I'll speak
with mine of course!) Does anyone know of any legal challenges I might face
with a grouping of such people?  Does anyone have any ideas in general for
what I would like to do?

Thanks!
Sharon