From:
Amy & Dave Seyler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 17:57:32 -0400
First of all, thanks to everyone who has sent such good wishes our way.
I wish I could email every single one of you but there isn't enough time
to do that and look for Tasha.  But please know how much we appreciate it.

Tasha is still missing, although we had a possible sign she is still
around -- last night someone came to the front yard carrier and ate a bit
of food, making a very ferrety-like mess!  But we haven't seen any poops
or anything, so we can't confirm.  It's just miserable, all I can think
about is my poor baby out there in the heat, scared and hungry and alone.
Each day that goes by makes me a bit sadder, as I realize the longer she
is out the higher the chances we'll never see her again.  And yet we keep
hoping and hoping that she'll come back.

Dave rigged up her favorite tube (those clear 20 ft. ones) from the
carrier in the back yard to the hole in the porch screen where she
escaped.  It reeks of her and she sleeps in it usually, so we're hoping
this will spur her on to come back to us.  I swear I will never take
them for granted again, if only Tasha will return.

Amy, Dave, Sarah & Paul (and their gaggle of ferrets, not giggling now)
RIP Ian, Elektra, Claudia & Sidney