Date:
Mon, 6 Jul 1998 22:27:26 -0400
July 6th, 1998
To All FMLers:

Some additional information on Newone for those who are interested.  We got
back the first round of results from her autopsy (our vet, Dr. Roeder, made
it a priority...the staff there really *love* our kids).

Newone passed away at 7:30 PM Mountain Daylight Time, July 3rd, 1998.
Newone died in her sleep, warm and comfortable, with her Humans nearby.
She was 8 1/2 years old.

Autopsy confirmed a massive adrenal cancer in Newone's right adrenal gland,
with nodules in her lungs, right kidney, and liver.  There were no signs of
any internal hemorrhaging, often a symptom when an animal has cancer as
advanced as hers.

Dr. Roeder belives based on what she can see that the cancer began in the
adrenal and eventually metastisized over the years, though considerably more
slowly than she would have thought given how long Newone was known to have
the adrenal cancer.  (It should be noted that Newone was first diagnosed in
January of 1996, and that we deliberately chose not to have her operated on
due to her small size and age (6 years) at that time.)

Cause of death was indeed a general system collapse, brought on by a
combination of factors...age, low sugar blood level, etc.  Newone had mostly
stopped eating about a week ago, which of course was a large contributing
factor....she didn't have much in the way of reserves.

Newone's kidneys' and liver have been sent off to a local university for
more detailed testing.  Our vet is interested in knowing more about the
nature of the tumors in those organs, and we're all interested in seeing if
we can find any trace of silver in Newone's system.  As some folks here
know, we had been treating Newone with colloidal silver ever since she was
first diagnosed, and the results seem to show that we did indeed greatly
slow down the pace of her cancers.  We're now curious to know if the silver
remained in her system, or was in fact flushed out by her normal bodily
functions...it might help determine how/if the colloidal worked to slow
down the cancer's advance.

Anyway, thought everybody would like to know.  We'll post the results of
the kidney/liver examination once we know them.

Steve and Colleen
Continually Matching Wits With:  Minx, Puck, Taz, Scamp,
                                 Rosie, Mica, and Splinter
Waiting on the Other Side:  Ripple, Missy, Slinky,
                            Zebulon Pike, Ranger, and Newone