From:
Carol Lyon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Dec 1999 22:28:34 -0800
Hope we're not too late!  Just joined the FML ... so here goes.

Myself - and my band of 7 weasels hail from the wet state of Washington -
and live in Puyallup (Pew-'al-up).  Slinky is my *first* ferret - yes, head
ferret, that I have had since he was a 7 week old kit - given to me by a
friend of a friend - hobby breeder that had no business breeding ferrets.
The Slink is going on 4 - was originally a silver mitt - now nearly all
white.  He is also my problem ferret - who became very anti-social and
quite destructive, after the loss of his cagemate, Digger, to insulinoma,
heart disease, and adrenal disease, despite many attempts to find him a
friend.  The story has a happy ending ... keep reading.

The Little Miss Lexie - same age as Slink - Marshall Farms standard sable -
and tiny - came from Ferret Home Shelter in Bellevue, WA (now closed).  She
had many problems adjusting to never being exposed to other ferrets, until
Mr. SpeedBump (my only weak moment in a pet store) arrived on the scene.
Speed is now going on 2 - a very large Marshall Farms black sable - a
woose - the ladies love him - he belongs to Lexie - Lexie thinks.

Miss Zoey, a black sable - adopted from Cascade Ferret Network in Portland,
OR.  She was found as a kit - stray - only 8 weeks old - on Halloween
night, 1998.  A real brat - but a treasure - she thinks she owns Speed as
well.  A chunky little thing.

Miss Cassie - Marshall Farms standard sable - going on 2.  A very nice guy
from Vancouver, WA wrote to me when he saw my ferret website, looking for a
home for his beautiful little lady ferret - many things had changed in his
life, and he didn't think she was getting enough attention.

Oh ... my lovely Isabella, estimated 5-6 years old, standard sable -
beautiful lady, adopted from Cascade Ferret Network in Portland, OR this
past Spring.  Still not sure how anyone could have considered giving up
this wonderful creature - they must have had a very good reason.  I feel
so lucky to have her.  She's my soulmate.

And then there's Mr. Squirm.  Mr. Squirm had been our *other* ferret for
some time - as we were sponsoring him at KiSta Ferret Shelter located in
NJ.  Slink and I decided to go on an adventure and visit the folks at KiSta
Ferret Shelter last month.  We had such great fun - attended the SVFC
ferret show in York, PA - and best of all, Slinky and Squirmy became
immediate friends!  So we brought him home with us - he and Slink are the
best of buds!  I really didn't think Slinky would ever want to be friends
with another ferret.  Things just couldn't have turned out better.

BTW - ferrets travel very well, on a plane, in a carrier - in the cabin ...
better than humans.  The soft carriers are large enough for ferret/s(2) +
litter box, etc.  We had some major delays (10+ hours) in Cincinnati going,
3+ hours getting home - and these guys did great!  Please feel free to
write me if you have concerns travelling with your ferret on a plane.
Slinky is my most ill behaved ferret - and he was an *angel*.

So that's us - looking forward to getting to know all of you better!

Carol - and the weasels Slinky, Lexie, SpeedBump, Zoey, Cassie, Isabella
and Mr. Squirmy