Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2009 09:06:59 -0400
To all - one more update. Sorry Bill, but this is an important one
here. I just received a call from my vet on the necropsy and what he
said blew me out of the water. Zeus apparently had an adrenal tumor
that had grown so large that it had attached itself to the vena cava
(the largest vein in their bodies) - and had caused a rupture of that
vein. Blood filled his chest - which was why he was gasping for air.
He also found blood on the brain - further showing the damage these
damn tumors can cause.

Why am I so shocked? Well, hell why was my vet so shocked? Zeus was
the ONLY ferret I've ever or that he's ever seen that had ABSOLUTELY
NO outward signs/symptoms of this disease. The tumor was 7 mm large -
20x's larger than any one tumor he had ever seen. How can it get so
large - and Zeuser have NO symptoms? It is beyond me, that is for sure.
At least I know now what was wrong. What sucks is that if he'da shown
ANY signs, hair loss, agression, anything - he'd have been in surgery
to have it removed so fast his head woulda spun. Yes my heart is
breaking - and it sure as hell isn't fair - but I learned something
from this and so did my vet. I am pretty sure he will share this with
his fellow veterinarians - he goes to alot of symposiums, etc. So now?
I will be spending more money - making sure that the rest of my kids
get wellness checks every 6 months to make sure there is no more
episodes like this. It may cost me more, but I'll be damned it I am
going to let one of more of my kids go through this. And my vet? He is
on board and will be doing more aggressive exams when folks bring their
fuzzies in. I think he feels as bad as I do about this you know? As
for MoJoMan - I've scheduled him for adrenal surgery. Been scared to
death to do it but he is only 4 and I am praying he will do well.
Melatonin isn;t working - and we did order the lupron - but I want the
tumor OUT OF HIM, and out of him NOW!

We are struggling and trying to find things to sell to do this. I will
be putting out some things I own on EBay - in hopes that I can somehow
raise the money for this surgery. Doc Leveninson said it he will only
charge me 500 - fo reverything, pre op, surgery, anest., post-op,
intensive care, etc. I've never paid for this kind of surgery before,
so I am not sure if that is a good price, but he sure made it sound
good.....Please pray for me that I will find a way to get MoJo done.
No ferret should EVER have to go thru what Zeusers did. Anyone know
of any organizations that might be able to help me? Please advise and
as always, thank you everyone for the sympathy emails, thoughts and
prayers. Keep em coming please. We'll need em for MoJoMan.

Thanks everyone for listening.

Kim and What's Left Of Her Army of Idiots