From:
Megan Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Nov 1996 17:59:18 -0500
I'm posting this for some additional advice for my vet and I.  Monster was
at the Vet's wednesday (Nov 20/96) with the following symptoms:
- hair loss on the tail
- black spots on the skin of the tail (possibly blackheads
- redistribution of weight into the abdomen
- small scabs on back, rump and flanks, with no flea dirt, and no noticable
  increase in itchiness. (She scratches ALL the time and has for the year
  I've had her, and does not have fleas, or at least we couldn't find any)
- increased sleeping

She is 5.5 - 6 years old.
4lbs in weight, 17" long at full stretch (nose to tip of hind foot)
Vacinated for Rabies and Distemper mid summer
Feed equal parts of Iams Cat, Iams Eukanuba, 8-1 Ultra-Ferret and PetValue
Performa Cat.

The two possibilities seem to be a food allergy or cushings disease
(hyperadrenal corticism).  So, I have the following questions:
1. What is the most likely ingredient to cause a food allergy (corn?)
2. Is there another method of diagnosis besides ultrasound (which would
involve a general anaesthetic)?
3.  Would someone be willing to advise my vet over the phone about diagnosis
and surgery if he needs it?  (and do you take Master Card?  - I don't want
to come all the way down from London with a cheque <G>)

Please contact me with reply or questions at [log in to unmask] if more
convenient.

Thanx much - Megan and Monster