From:
Cheryl Cato <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 10:06:29 -0500
I will be moving out into the county in a couple of months.  The closest good
ferret vet will be at least 45 minutes away.  The lady who runs the local
shelter here plans to move to Utah (I believe in the next year or so - lucky
folks in Utah!).  Additionally - the way the on-call situation is here - if
an emergency does happen after hours, you may or may not get someone that is
experienced with ferrets.

Now to my point - I want to do three things: First - I want to learn all I
can about emergency ferret care.  Second - I want to gather up everything
(or as much as possible/legal/feasible) that I might need to handle an
emergency situation.  Third - I want to compile all data gathered into a
comprehensive document that would be useful to ferret owners.

If any of the experts here have opinions/ideas/experiences to share - I
would appreciate the input.  I will compile a list and/or prepare a document
as appropriate to share with everyone that may be interested.

If you have a list of references, skills that are considered to be essential
(an example extracted from the human world: CPR), a list of emergency care
supplies - or even one item you can't live without, please feel free to send
them to me.  I may be posting periodic "what would you do in this situation"
kinds of questions to enhance data gathering as well.

I appreciate any help - and am looking forward to sharing the information.

Thanks,

Cheryl and the Wrecking Crew