From:
mireille chiasson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jul 1997 08:51:19 +0000
Hello everyone,

While listening to the news tonight i heard a terrible story that brought
back a lot of bad memories.  A michigan ferret bit a 3 year old kid.  The
authoroties wanted to confiscate him(for rabies testing) but his owner
refused saying that he got all his rabbies shots.  The owner gave the ferret
to a animal rights activist so that he could be protected.  The owner is now
in jail and will appear in court tomorrow!!!!!!  They also showed an old
woman who i think was a relative of the kid and she was saying that the
ferret was vicious and bit the child..  (i didn't get everything she said,
because by then i was very upset).  They also showed sweet pictures of this
little ferret wearing a straw hat (adorable).  At the end of this story the
newscaster mentionned the story of our poor Kodo who was killed to discover
that he did not have rabies..I am wondering tonight what we can do to help
this poor man and his ferret who is right now protected by this great person
that his owner turned too..THANK GOD.

PS After writing this message i got a new FML an read the two posts
concernig this story.  I just want to point out that i got my information
only from the newscast and they did say that the man had given his ferret to
a animal rights activist for protection.

Mireille (Lucy, Antha, Molly and Chavez -- Thank God we don't live in
Michigan)