From:
Bill Williamson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Mar 1996 09:46:10 -0500
>Correction, BIG, arsenic is poisonous to everything.  Lettuce is junk food
>to reptiles, also, if there are any lizard owners on the FML.
>-Dr. Karen

Squeekers really loves green peppers, and also mushrooms (think that he
likes the smell of the dirt), and this morning it was very evident that he
had discovered a tomato.  So far though no lettuce.  Junk food perhaps, but
they all eat plenty of IAMS kitten as well a occasional pieces of sliced
turkey when it is in the house, and also get lots of exercise by not being
caged, so we are not too worried.

I was wondering though, do arsenic compounds realy exist in lettuce ???
What about us old ferts and non ferts ??

[Moderator's note: I should stay out of it given my track record with this,
but...  I don't know about lettuce in particular, but there is arsenic in
some pesticides - perhaps it's pesticide and not the lettuce, per se?  BIG]