From:
Matthew Ardill & Siani Evans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Jul 1999 10:18:59 -0400
>...female helpers spend more time "playing" with the ferrets and
>"cuddling" them than cleaning the crap out of litter pans and washing
>cages and utensils.  Plus the fact they are too weak to lift a bucket full
>of ferret waste or lift a bag of fresh cat litter.  If there are two or
>more here they are BS-ing most of the time & they eventually both try to
>do less than the other one.  Once they are bitten by a ferret, they become
>so gun-shy (or should I say "ferret-shy") that they are apprehensive &
>become essentially useless and somebody else must remove and replace any
>given ferret before any more meaningful work is done.

what a heap of steaming bullsh**t!

our local shelter is run by a woman, as are most of the others that i know
of.  coincidence??

and of course, playing with or petting ferrets is a waste of time.  gee,
am i surprised that Ed thinks that?  considering that even after losing
ferrets he still ties them outside unsupervised??

just to put you straight, Ed, i've been bitten hundreds of times.  all of
my ferrets were biters, one is a neglect case who was abandoned at the pet
store where i worked.  it never phased me, but not one of the boys working
at the store would reach into the ferret cage.  not *ONE*.  hell, i've even
caught ringworm from a ferret, and it wasn't that bad.  i've had bites from
everything from hamsters (the bite through the thumbnail was the worst) to
dogs and cats.  no girl i've ever known has gotten bite shy.

and perhaps if women can't lift a bucket full of ferret waste they should
just fill it half full.  as far as a bag of cat litter goes, i regularly
carry a 30 pound bag for the 15-20 minute walk home from the pet store.  oh
yes, and when i was fresh back from tree planting and in a little better
shape i could lift my (then) 150 pound boyfriend and carry him.  and i'm
only 5'0" and 95lbs.  perhaps the women *won't* work hard because they feel
unnappreciated and they are hoping for an excuse not to come back????

>The male helpers have some advantages over the females.  They are stronger,
>don't BS as much as the females, and don't spend as much time playing and
>cuddling.

yeah, because ferrets that have been 'rescued' from abuse or neglect
*really* don't need affection.  only *girls* need affection.  those
ferrets should just learn to *take it like a man*.

siani  (BIG, why in h*ll do you let Ed post his inflamatory remarks??
you've sent back my posts for a lot less than saying that all women are
useless.  would it really kill you to apply the same standards to Ed
that you do to the rest of us?)

[Moderator's note: I wrote to siani directly about this.  We'll figure
out a happy medium, as we did with the above post.  BIG]