From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Sep 1995 15:31:20 -0400
Hi,
Well its finally happened...I couldn't help it, I got another ferret.  He's
a big cute male..a year old...much bigger than my 9 month old female Baby.
The new guy is Murray and BAby is terrified of him.  He tries to play, and
she hisses and runs away, or else the have a fight (he just sits on her as
she shrieks and bites him) I feel badly for him, because he was a shelter
ferret and the poor guy doesn't seem to know how to play.  He bites way too
hard when playing..and sometimes he just walks up to people and bites them
for no reason at all.  Any ideas what I might be able to do about that?  I
pick him up and yell "no biting" and put him in the cage for a couple
minutes...then when he comes out he avoids me...all i'm teaching him is
that i'm that big meanie who yells at him...I feel sorry for him, he seems
so lonely.  Any suggestions on the biting thing and any ideas on how to
help them get to like eachother would be great.  Right now I have two
miserable ferrets. :(

shannon
baby the original monster in my closet
murray the new monster under my bed