From:
"Amy J. Nelson-Mile" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:51:24 -0600
Hello everyone,

On Friday the people who had been owned by Sam, our oldest ferret, are
coming to see him for the first time since he came to live with us.  He's
been with us for nearly 6 months now.  They had had to give him up because
they were moving and could no longer keep him.  However, they seemed
sincerely attached to him, and he'd been with them for nearly 2 years.

If you were in their situation, what sorts of things would you be wanting to
hear about?  I can think of a few (favourite sleeping place, favourite
games) but the trouble is he's quite a sleepy, cuddly little guy who doesn't
do tons of outrageous things, so I have very few crazy ferret stories to
tell.  I'm worried that they will come and I won't be able to think of other
things that they might like to hear about.  Any suggestions would be
welcomed.

I'm also a little worried that they'll want him back.  They haven't said
they do, but in the few E-mails I've exchanged with the woman, she's
mentioned how much her boyfriend misses him, how he has a picture of Sam and
him on his wall, and how they all told stories about him at Christmas when
they got together with the man's family, who also loved him.  Worry, worry.

Anyway, any advice you can give on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Amy and Alan
Sam and Sally (ferrets); Luke (hedgehog); Zipper and Kenji (dogs); Tom,
Ben, and Anna (cats)
R.I.P. Meagan (beloved first ferret)
in Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada