From:
Karl Brodhecker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Jun 1999 10:27:16 -0700
FIRST Society's fund-raising activities at the Great Canadian Pet Fair in
Vancouver on the 29th and 30th of May was a great success, both in the
presence and interest generated by our displays and the ferrets, and in
the donations brought in by the psychics, face-painters and craftspeople.
All funds raised will be used to cover the Society's veterinary expenses.

A special thank-you to all our volunteers and their ferrets, some sixty
of them who came to help (and wouldn't leave even when their shifts were
over), and Ophelia Ferret, our mascot and refugee from a ferret-mill.
This was Ophelia's first public outing since her burns healed and her first
appearance as mascot.  She handled the attention well and was a great crowd
pleaser.

This year's pet fair had more ferrets than previous shows combined, both at
our display and with the paying public.  If you missed the show this year,
come next year when FIRST will have even more things happening.

Ferret Information Rescue Shelter & Trust Society
FIRST (Ferret) Society
A Charity for Ferret Welfare in British Columbia
Contact:  [log in to unmask]  URL:  www.ferrets.org
Tel:  604.263.7481  Fax:  604.263.0314