From:
Shawna Thom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 May 2000 08:41:24 -0700
Thanks to all who responded to my plea of help.  My newly acquired lil
girl, 2 1/2 yrs old, has been having a hayday trying to get out of my sons
room (I give her the run of HIS room).  Of course she wants to get out, but
scratching the carpet and the door to hell really frustrates me.  I'm a
rentor and can't afford new carpet or a new door.  I had received some very
helpful hints/advice on how to deal with that.  One was mixing lemon juice
with water and spraying that area.  I was so determined that i sprayed
lemon juice straight on the area.  Didn't do much good unfortunately.  And
i was really hoping for that easy way out:) Gonna try the runners next.

I've been reading the ads that everyone puts in for the last couple of
weeks, as i said i'm a new ferret owner and new to this list.  You are ALL
very helpful and so nice.  "Such a nice family", as my jewish bubby(grandma
in hebrew) would say.  I'm hoping to get to know all of you better as time
goes by.

I did purchase a ferret about a year ago.  I HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS GETTING
MYSELF INTO.  People really need to be more informed before just going and
purchasing a ferret.  They are so different from a cat or a dog.  They get
into everything!  It's funny to watch them...but oy'vay(I sound just like
my bubby:) I feel very stongly that pet stores and breeders, and anyone
else who sells ferrets, should make sure the party purchasing is well
informed.  Needless to say, i have done much reading and research and have
talked to experienced/knowledgeable people to become more informed about
ferrets.  I'm still a novice and will welcome any hints/advice that you can
bring my way.  We love our lil girl and want to give her the best love and
care that we can.  My 12 yr.  old (soon to be 13) son just loves her to
pieces.  He kisses her all over her face.

OK, this letter is long enough.
Thanks to all for everything:)

Shawna