From:
steve baer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 07:21:00 -0500
We took our newest ferret for her third distemper yesterday, to the same
vet we always go to, except a different guy did it because he worked with
only ferrets for a few years so we thought we'd try him once.  He gave
her shot to her on the top/her back right behind her shoulders and it was
bleeding pretty bad afterwards, not to mention how she yelped more than
she did on her other shots.  It is now red in that area and scabby.  It
doesn't look really bad, but I'm concerned.  Is that a place to give
shots?  I've seen it in the neck or on the butt/behind the hing legs on
our other two.where is the most common place to give shots?

Thanks.
Jen in PA