Date:
Fri, 7 May 2004 05:51:32 -0500
>Diva said
>I had to move a piece of heavy furniture in front of the fridge every
>night if I want to sleep through the night.  Try as I may, I was never
>able to teach him how to close the fridge door!

OOO!  When I heard that I just HAD to share this story with you.  When
I was a young lady of 18 I joined the Navy, leaving my precious kitty
Prissy with my mom.  Prissy was a very smart kitty and learned to hook
his nails into the seal on the fridge door to break the seal and open the
door.  He would then stand on his hind feet and knock the milk onto the
floor (back when milk came in cardboard cartons) He would get a drink and
wander off.  I was on the phone with mom one evening and Prissy did his
thing.  Mom told me what he did.  Then, in total exasperation, she said
"I wish he's at least learn to close the D*&^ door!  Well, my sweet
little Prissy looked her square in the eye, turned, and walked to the
back of the door.  He stood up on his hind legs and pushed the door shut!
I wish I could have been there to see the look on mom's face.  What a
smart kitty!  And people say that animals don't understand words, HA.

(We ended up putting a hook and eye on the fridge so he couldn't open
it.)

Shelley