From:
Larry & Debbie Whorley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 May 2005 00:09:56 -0400
I posted a couple of nights ago about our ferret Pierre, missing patches
of hair.  He recently began showing symptoms of adrenal problems and had
an implant done last week.  Over the weekend we found two 3" x 3" patches
of hair that were down to the short hairs.  We have had several responses
and thank you all.  As an update, we are relatively sure Pierre is
licking the fur off himself.  This evening I watched as he scratched hard
with his back leg and then licked and licked at the area.  This was near
the area of a missing patch of hair.  The areas are not raw and there is
definitely short undergrowth hair there, but it is nearly to the skin.
He is itching less than he was before the implant, but may now be itching
in a different way.  I don't know.  We are giving him Laxatone to help
with any hairball problem.  Any other thoughts?

Debbie Whorley