From:
Valkyrie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 3 May 1998 01:49:55 +8000
[Ronnie said]
>One of the biggest hazards of taking your ferrets outside is your
>neighbors' use of lawn chemicals, poisons, herbicides, etc.

[my response]
Absolutely, infact I've already decided that since my yard is large enough
with plenty of things to explore, we're playing in it only.  Under no
condition do I allow chemicals used on my yard.  Heck, I use beer to take
care of slugs if I must.

[Ilena Ayala said]
>Yes.  Nightshade for one.[snip]You'll be surprised what plants are edible
>and medicinal as well!
[Lee said]
>Watch out especially for thistles, nettles, poison ivy, and poison oak.

[my response]
Very good points.  Being an aromatherapist and studying herbology I should
have thought of the obvious ones on my own.  I never even thought about
poison ivy/oak.  Thanks to both for the reminders. :)

[Sukie said....ALOT]

[my response]
That's quite the list Sukie, much appreciated!!!  Thanks!

Thanks everyone who responded, eased my mind greatly.

Nancy
&
Caesar-The dandelion tamer.