From:
katharine <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 07:42:00 -0400
You can get heavy plastic "D" shaped water bowls that attach to the
cage. I have two large ones in my cages, along with water bottles. I
have always thought that drinking water from a bottle must be a pain,
so I've always also given them bowls. I also like knowing I have a
back-up in the cage in the event something happens to the water bottle.
Be sure to get one that actually attaches to the cage with some sort
of screws, not one that just hooks on, or you will have a big mess.

The ones I have are manufactured by JV Products, Phoenix, AZ This is
what they look like. They're kinda expensive but I have had mine for
many years and they're still going strong. They can also be washed in
the dishwasher.

http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=4012

I would strongly suggest that you NOT leave open water bowls for
two days. The water gets grungy very quickly, with food crumbs and
sometimes little pieces of litter (not necessarily clean), depending
on what is on their faces and their paws. I change my water bowls,
at a minimum, once a day, and aim for twice.

Katharine
Florida