From:
donna sparks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Apr 2000 09:56:54 -0700
My thanks to Richard for sharing his dirt diggers experience.  It was
wonderful.  and this quote from his note;

 I get this 'pot-o'-dirt' lugged inside.  Not a small task!  I don't know
>the weight of dirt, but I do not want any sort of job that involves moving
>pots of dirt on a routine basis

reminds me to second the earlier message about what a great list this is
and what a great job BIG does in moderating and what a great job WE do in
moderating outselves most of the time.  I am a potter (a job involving
moving (smaller) pots of dirt(mud) around on a routine basis), and have
been trying to use the ClayArt mailing for info and inspiration.  For three
weeks there has been a thread of debate on the subject of : "How much does
a pound of water weigh?" and it is not even funny!

Donna