From:
Saifa Majoun <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2000 09:06:37 -0800
Hi all!

Only on this list a week, and gotta get my two cents worth in on all of
the stuff.

Waardensburg - we have a ruby eyed white, Artemis, who appears to have
Waarrdesburg - I say appears because when we got her from her previous
owner she had horrible ear mites and from what I understand that can cause
deafness.  While her previous owner did not take very good care of her
health (ear mites, the cheapest possible cat food, big, but dumb cage),
they must have given her a lot of love.  She is the loviest, kissiest, most
chilled out ferret - not that she doesn't get in her share of "dook" outs
with the other ferrets.  The thing we have noticed about her is that she
makes a lot more noise playing than everyone else - dooks, chatters, and
shrieks.  The first time we heard her scream bloody murder, we thought she
was being mauled to death.  Then, as we watched her play more, we realized
- she shrieked when being grabbed and she shrieked when she was doing the
grabbing!!!  Anyone else experience that?  After reading about possible
shortened life spans being associated with Waardensburg - oh man, I hope
not...

As for Marshall Farms saying their ferrets wouldn't be guaranteed for the
year without being fed their food, I may be flamed for this, but...
Bravo!!!  Not everyone out there is a concientious ferret owner (like all
of us are, of course).  There are just too many cases of this guy telling
that guy "Yeah, I've got two ferrets, they're like, so cool, they run
around, and you can feed 'em cat food!" (see above story).  If they never
read anything but the Marshall Farms guarantee, at least they may feed
their ferret a good food if nothing else.  So, regardless of MF's motive,
I appreciate what the result may be.

Sandee, I'd love to see pictures of your play room!!!

Last but not least, anyone who can make it, we will be having the first
Northern Nevada Ferret Network meeting at 4:30 pm, Sunday, December 10th
at the Round Table Pizza at Old Town Mall (Now Reno Town Mall... sigh).

Mary
Fuzzmom to Spawn, Freya, Trinity, and Artemis