Date:
Tue, 6 Jun 2000 10:41:50 +0000
               the Oregon Ferret Association's

                        14th annual
                      Ferret Fun Fair
                  Sunday June 11th, 2000
                        10am - 4pm
                   Oaks Amusement Park
                     Portland, Oregon

The Oregon Ferret Association is proud to announce that its 2000 Ferret Fun
Fair is again an official Portland Rose Festival sanctioned event!  We will
join in the action and fun of the Rose Festival on Sunday, June 11th with
delightful ferret games and other recreational activities, plus our very
special guest Jeanne Carley of the Ferret Company and Ferret Calendar.
Ferret knowledgeable veterinarians will staff a ferret health check booth.
Jump into the Rose Festival theme, "Let's Celebrate" and create a float
that celebrates ferrets for our Grand Ferret Parade!

Highlighting our event is a fast-paced auction of ferret related
paraphernalia which will raise funds for OFA-sponsored public education
programs and sponsoring research of Aleutian's Disease Virus (ADV).

In keeping with the fun, the 2000 Ferret Fun Fair will be held at Oaks
Amusement Park on the Willamette River in Portland's Sellwood district.
Games and other events will take place on a green lawn sheltered by ancient
trees, while nearby an amusement park beckons.  A wide variety of food and
drink vendors are a short stroll away.  Afterward, the renown restaurants
of the Sellwood neighborhood await.

Schedule of Events:

     TIME              EVENT
-------------  -----------------------------------
    10:00      Registration opens.
10:00 - 11:30  Photo Contest open for submissions.
10:00 - 3:30   Merchants open for business.
               Ferret Playground open.
               Treat Station open.
10:30 - 12:30  Health Care Booth open.
10:30 - 11:30  Tube Races.
11:00 - 11:30  Best Beggar
    11:30      Photo Contest judging begins.
11:30 - 12:00  Costume Contest.
    12:00      Winners of Photo Contest announced.
12:00 - 12:30  Grab your Lunch! Bring your own or purchase one from
               the concessions at Oaks Park.
    12:15      Auction Lots on display.
    12:30      Health Care Booth closes.
12:30 -  1:30  Live Auction (eat lunch and bid at the same time!)
 1:45 -  2:15  Grand Ferret Parade!
 2:30 -  3:00  Poop Pick-up (human event using fake ferret poop).
 3:00 -  4:00  Wastebasket Escape.
 3:30 -  4:00  Kissing Contest.

+ 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place rosette ribbons awarded immediately after each
  contest.
+ Door prize winners drawn throughout the day!
+ Face painting throughout the day.
+ Large Ferret Playground and treat station.
+ Ferret-related merchants and merchandise.
+ OFA information and merchandise.
+ Local ferret shelter presence.
+ Lots of ferrets and ferret enthusiasts having fun!

Check out the Oregon Ferret Association's web page for event & activity
descriptions and details: http://www.oregon-ferret.org