Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2007 02:14:09 -0400
Wishing everyone a Happy and safe 4th of July!!!

Also for those interested, we had 2 french cows that we had to find
homes for last year. We had to be careful who they went to as we did
not want them slaughtered as we saved them as babies from being raised
as beef. We had them for 7 + years but they did not have enough room
or place to graze and kept breaking down the fence. I contacted a place
in California, Shambala owned by Tippi Hendren (she played the shower
scene in Psyco, as well as other films by Alfred Hitchcock) Her
daughter is Melanie Griffith. Anyway a contact through word of mouth
found us a no kill sanctuary in Mississippi. The lady who owned the
sanctuary lost many of her animals to Hurricane Katrina. She paid for
the trip to pick them up and bring them to her by a neighbor who owned
a Paint horse farm. They spoke very highly of her and her love for
animals. Anyway we have kept contact and have been invited to come
visit them anytime. We have just received another set of photos of them
with a letter on how well they are doing and it just brought tears to
our eyes seeing how happy they are. She has one more huge steer that
they hang out with and when Muddy goes into heat she hangs around with
the huge steer instead of her brother Randi who were pretty much joined
at the hip and did everything together.

I am so glad this worked out as it did. It is nice to hear a happy
story about animals as well as wonderful caring people like we have on
this list as well as the hard working shelter operaters. God bless you
all for being so selfless. There is a special place in heaven for you!

Happy Indepence Day all!

Eleanor, Donald and the 11 ferts