Date:
Sat, 3 Jul 2004 13:00:45 -0700
On June 26th Sukie wrote the following:
>It would really be best if he NOT call it the "monthly" Lupron.  The
>reason is simple: at this point what exist are two conflicting
>hypotheses: his on how and when it might work, and the other on the ways
>in which using it could worsen adrenal disease.  While there are those
>who have reported good results from some, OTHERS HAVE REPORTED FERRETS
>LOST, so it would be very best for the wording to be carefully chosen
>to get across that this is an EXPERIMENTAL approach with limitations but
>which has trials behind it.

I'm quoting the entire paragraph that contains the wording that I and
others are concerned with.  Sukie has refused to respond to our requests
for information about the ferrets LOST.  "Lost," in the context that
Sukie used it implies death.  It does not imply that the ferret escaped
from the house because the wrong kind of Lupron was given to them.  We
have asked for information about these DEAD FERRETS.  We have not asked
about her morals regarding privacy.

I think it's pretty clear now, given Sukie's lengthy dissertation about
everything EXCEPT these LOST ferrets, that her original statement was
wrong and made just to be dramatize her point.  Unless Sukie wants to
repeat that ferrets have died from receiving Lupron, I can put this topic
to rest knowing that no ferrets have died because they were given Lupron.

Sandi

Best Little Rabbit, Rodent & Ferret House
a non-profit animal shelter
14317 Lake City Way NE
Seattle, WA 98125
(206)365-9105
Open 6 days/week (closed Tue) or visit our on-line store at:
http://www.rabbitrodentferret.org