From:
Kris Kriskius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 18:42:29 EST
Thank you Tara for bringing this subject up, I for one support what you
wrote 100%.

Although I am not familiar with the situation you posted about, I think
you made a wonderful point in *warning* people that are interested in
having someone *talk* to their pets, to use this as entertainment
purposes only, especially when it comes to health related topics, or
if the animal is acting sick in any way.

I have watched the Pet Psychic only a few times on Animal Planet, and
the few times I watched it, I could see very easily how an individual
could misuse her advise, and think that maybe the house just needs to be
cleaned real good with *vinegar and water* and then the pet will suddenly
*feel* better, when in reality the pet really should be going to see a
vet.

I do notice that the Pet psychic does have this disclaimer at the Animal
Planet website;

"Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by Sonya Fitzpatrick are
exclusively her own and do not represent the views of the producer or the
network.  The program was created for entertainment purposes and is not
intended to convey medical advice or other factual information.  Viewers
should always consult appropriate professionals with regards to the
health and well-being of their pets."

I would hope that those that are at the FML, and are *communicating* with
animals, would also use a disclaimer similar to this.

I am not saying that people should not use this service, I am just
agreeing with Tara, to use it with caution, and never substitute this
from taking your pet to a vet if the animal is acting sick.

I am rather disturbed to read what was posted here, IMO animal
communicators should never make an owner feel guilty, especially when
they are in a vets office, nor should they be giving any medical advise.
That should be left to the professionals, the veterinarians.

I am sorry to read that a person experienced this.

Kris