From:
Marilyn Caylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Dec 1994 04:44:46 -0500
        I'm kind of behind, but I'd like to thank everyone who gave me
information about getting rid of Stinky's fleas!  I'm gonna try all the
suggestions that were given to me in public and private and hopefully
those buggers will never show again!

        To the person who lost their ferret:  you have my condolences
along with everyone else's.  Maybe somebody found him, you never know.
That's how I got Stinky.  My friends sister just found him on the street,
lost and hungry, hair all ratty, a little on the mal-nutritioned side.
She didn't know if he belonged to anyone or not, there wasn't a collar or
anything.  And I guess she didn't do enough to find out if there was an
owner either.  All I know is that I ended up with him, fed him, got him
descented and neutered, and I've had this beautiful fat fluffy black eyed
albino for a little over a year!  I just hope I didn 't bring too much
hearbreak for whoever had him before me.  I do know that I'm REALLY
paranoid and overprotective when it comes to knowing where he is at all
times (considering the circumstances in which I got him in the first
place).  I always check to see where's he's sleeping before I leave the
house, check to make sure the door is locked, twice, and right when I get
home I make sure the front door is locked again, and that Stinky is safe
and sound.  There have been a few times that he's found a new hiding
place that I couldn't find and I'd just go crazy for hours looking for
him and not finding him!  Then I'd cry and think that maybe he got out
the door (it doesn't always close right so I use the boltlock but my
father doesn't) but then lil' Stinky would come out to eat/play/poop not
knowing that I was even worried about the little rat!

        And what a rat he is.  He digs his front paws into his food dish
and makes the food fly all over the place.  He's been doing this forever
and there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to stop it.  He also does
this little dance number before drinking out of his water bottle, and I
know it's because he doesn't like the height its at, but no matter how
much I adjust it he still dances and scratches at the floor in front of
the bottle and boots himself up by plunking his tiny claws into the food
dish.  Is there a remedy for this?  If I'm there I'll kind of glare at
him and he'll keep looking back at me, and sort of behave, but when I'm
not around, well, let's just say there's no carpet on my bedroom floor
and I've had a lot of kitty litter stick'n to my feet!  Mostly it annoys
me when I'm trying to sleep at all of the sudden I hear this loud
crunchy/scratchy sound coming from his food dish, and I'm really grouchy
when I'm tired!

        And another thing, I know ferrets are near-sighted, but Stinky
seems to have NOW-sighted.  He'll run towards his newspaper (never could
littler train him), and when he has it within his sight, he'll do that
his little acrobatic 90 degree acrobatic ferret flip and back up 2
inches, but he's still 2 feet away from the damn paper!  Erf!  Sometimes
he's good and he'll do it right, but you never know.

Marilyn Caylor