Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 1999 18:34:35 EDT
Mike Janke wrote:

>The latches are kind of hard to describe, but I'll try.  The part that
>goes on the door is shaped somewhat like an arrowhead.  The part that goes
>on the cabinet frame has two spring loaded rollers.  The arrowhead part
>forces the rollers apart as it goes in, then the rollers spring back
>closed on the backside of the arrowhead.

Mike

They are called Friction locks, and are extremely effective in keeping
ferrets out of cabinets - I have them on all of mine - in the kitchen and
the bathrooms.  Its a unique torture for a fuzzy that up until the
installation (also easy - four screws total - two on the door, two on the
cabinet) had free access to the goodies on the other side.  Install them
and let the fuzzy out.  Watch as they in vain try to first scratch the
cabinet open, and then grab with their teeth.  Hopelessness soon sets in,
and I get dirty looks - one ferret in particular, showed his extreme
displeasure with the installation by catching my eye, backing up about two
steps and relieved himself (both mind you) as he stared at me!  LOL gotta
love those ferts.....

Lisa, Head Ferret
The Ferret Haven "By-the-Sea"
Want to help The Ferret Haven By-the-Sea? Register at iGive.com
by cutting and pasting this link:
http://www.iGive.com/html/ssi.cfm?CID=1236&MID=854