From:
Gail Elsey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 17:13:36 -0400
>Yes, me, too, usually.  When there is a true emergency that is really
>strapping the folks I can understand a nominal cost to make sure that
>someone who will abuse the animals or feed them to snakes will NOT wind
>up with them.

I to have a problem with people selling ferrets, however, I feel this
forum is very helpful for peope placing their ferrets when they are
unsure what to do.  Metro Ferret just took in a new boy Shadow (well,
Ok, I took him in a a foster, but as a memeber Metro Ferret).  You may
remeber him.  JErsey City, neeeded a home in 2 days.

The person surrendering him was exteremley nice, donated the cage, and
had shot records.  Did I yell at him?  Did I degrade him for giving up
the ferret because he felt bad that he could not spend more time with
him?  Absolutely not!  If a person who was given a ferret is grown-up
enough to realize that spending most of the time caged in an apartment
with no company is not fiar to hte baby, then I aplaud them for trying to
fix the situation.  Surrendering the ferret may be the only choice.  When
you are young, and have to work 18 hours a day tomake bils meet, and live
alone, it is hard to commit the necessary time.  OK, I may be a bit
defensive because I absolutely adore Shadow.  We have already gone
through a bad reaction to a distemeper shot, been kissed, and been
tackled.  Who could want more?

I also got my Gimli, Gloin, and Minxie Luv from a person o this forum.
Fiance made him choose.  Did I yell at him?  No.  Did I feel sorry for
him, absolutely.  BUT, I have my babies.  These are mine.  Nobody can
take them form me.  ANd you would have to kill Larry to get Mixie Luv.
Then he would haunt you.

So basically, I am saying we should not be so quick to jump on people for
coming here to place.  To sell, yes.  To place in a loving home, no.

Gail