Date:
Fri, 2 Jul 2010 21:19:41 -0400
To the FML readers that are AFA Members...

In regards to Dr Lumsden's email about our Newsletter, the American
Ferret Report:

Yes, the American Ferret Report is behind. It's not her membership;
it's all of our membership due to some extenuating circumstances within
my personal life. I am the current Editor of the AFR and my mom died
suddenly, unexpectedly and without reason last year on Mothers Day.
Very hard emotionally and mentally as she lived with me for years and I
took care of her. It's not something that you get over overnight, in
weeks or months or even very easily. These days are still difficult for
me at times. I took off from AFA/AFR things to handle her affairs, the
estate, bills, settle things with family, etc... The AFR's were not
going to be stopped or cancelled, and all membership will receive their
issues due, no one will be short changed. A membership in the AFA
includes other benefits and services other than the newsletter. And
there was no reason to stop that as it was not being cancelled or
discontinued; it was just going to be delayed/late as we have
intentions of getting it caught up. The AFA has been around almost
20 years now and we have strong ties to the ferret community. There
was never any question or doubt about making things right for the
membership and getting it done. And we plan to be around for many more
years. I have been trying diligently to get everything caught up and
back on track.. (Right now we are finishing up the double issue that
would wrap up 2009 and that should be going out the door in the next
few weeks). Yes it is a shame, it's not right, we didn't plan it, but I
can't change that, that it happened, I wish I could. It has never
happened before and going forward we hope that it doesn't happen again.
We really try not letting personal issues interfere with our volunteer
work and I am sorry that mine did with getting the newsletter out the
door. It is difficult losing a parent and at that, unexpectedly.. And
I had hoped that our membership would understand. The AFA is managed
by a very small group of volunteers and we do our best to run it. But
something's unexpectedly happen that we can't control.

I had answered Dr Lumsden separately and I ask that if anyone has any
issues or concerns about their membership, please contact me directly
at [log in to unmask] and I will gladly answer them as I did her and
try and resolve the situation.

Sincerely,

Patty Asheuer
Editor in Chief