From:
Joanne Ruffner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:42:49 -0700
Spice (1 year old) female/Mitted Sable.  (Bought at pet store at 7 weeks
old - Canadian Breeder) Fixed and descented.  Perfectly healthy and the
TOTAL Queen of the house.  First ferret but the best behaved.....as far as
potty goes...but is also the smartest one in the bunch (she was the one I
posted about who threw up in her litter box so she wouldn't mess up her
cage).  She steals food...hooman, dog, cat, ferret...doesn't matter.  She
has NEVER bit!  (Boyfriend Shawns Ferret)....oh, and she was the first
ferret I had EVER seen!

Pepper (11 months old) Female/Silver.  (Adopted from shelter - private
breeder).  Fixed.  Perfectly healthy and very attached to Spice.  She is
Peper steals socks and stuffed animals...then moves them occasionally from
one hidey-hole to another.  She is the mommy of the bunch.  She doesn't
bite anymore.  (my ferret)

Bugs (4 years old) Male/Albino.  (Adopted from shelter).  Intacked.
Healthy.  Missing part of his ear, and has a broken tail (healed but not
straight).  He looks rough but is really gentle.  Never bites and is VERY
happy just running around on the ground.  He gets a long great with other
ferrets...to include kits.  Does have bad teeth but doesn't appear to hurt
him.  He doesn't bite.  (He is my niece's ferret...she lives with me)

Dodge (5 months old) Male/Silver (Bought at pet store at 8 weeks old -
Canadian Breeder).  Fixed and descented.  Perfectly healthy and HUGE!  He
is just a happy go lucky boy.  He was very attached to his sister Kuri so
we got her too.  For the first 3 days he would cry if he couldn't find her
in the house.  He is still attached but not as bad.  He doesn't bite. (my
ferret)

Kuri (5 months old) female/Silver/cinnamon or champagne (Bought at pet
store at 8 weeks old - Canadian Breeder).  Fixed and descented.  Perfectly
healthy.  She is the Energizer Ferret of Ferrets!  She is just "go, go,
go".  But a wonderful little girl.  She doesn't bite...which is a good
thing cause if she didn't you wouldn't be able to catch her.  Pepper has
taught her that the cat litter box is a cool place to play in!  Also the
only one who has figured out how to get into cabinets!  (now all have
locks!) (Boyfriend Shawns Ferret)

Chocolate (7 weeks old) female/dark silver (Bought at PetCo just
yesterday.  Marshall Farms).  Fixed and descented.  Perfectly healthy.
I went in to get some ferret stuff and check on the conditions of the
ferrets (not the best).  I reached in the "cage" and she was the first one
that I saw (there were about 12).  She was the smallest.  I left without
her....but then went back a couple hours later and got her.  She made the
long journey home (1 1/2 hours) and then war danced everywhere around the
house!  She is happy go lucky.  We have only introduced her to a couple
ferrets so far.  She is young and don't want to scare her.  But she does
love my big German Shepherd Lea.  She chases her around (that is,
Chocolate chases Lea).  (my ferret)

I also have two shelter ferrets (came in over the Easter weekend).

Stinker 4 1/2 years old female/Sable (Marshall's) Fixed and descented.  .
Might have adrenal (swollen vulva - might just be cause she is skinny
though).  We are fattening her up to see first.  She is also on
antibiotics.  She is a sweetheart.  She loves to be near people.  She
will lay on your feet and give you kisses when she wants attention.  She
doesn't bite.

Buster 4 1/2 years old.  Male/Silver.  Fixed and descented.  VERY skinny.
He is on duck soup.  His teeth are pretty bad and we believe that is why
he is skinny - hurt to eat.  He is a biter...from what we have been told
but so far he hasn't bit anyone.  He is a good boy just needs to be
fattened up a lot.

Sorry this was so long.

Joanne
and the gaggle