Date:
Sun, 15 Jan 2006 22:36:39 -0500
Hi all dis be SaraFerret--assistance bridge greeter.  The other nite was
surprising as two ferrets were greeted coming across de bridge.  Sorta
one right after de other.

First dere was this bouncey boy furry.  And waiting by my side were his
business dat had made it here before him.

Well we was told to expect an elderly ferret abouts 8.  Could this be
him??????  There is a first time for everything.

This gorgeous wild sable polevaulted across de bridge.  Even de Boss came
out to watch.  I never saw dat before.  As he ended up on top of me, he
apologizes for it, but ouchy, you could see we would have our paws full.
And such a flirt.

He says to me, well you must be missy saraferret.  I said yeesss and who
might you be?  I was expecting and older ferret.  He says well ya cant
judge a book by its cover.  And by the way Ms SaraFerret, do you belong
to any guy.  My mouth fell open.  No I says and I donts plan to.  Well I
didnt mean to offend you, he says, but you just looked so pretty.  I
blushes, and says apology accepted.  I can see dat dis guy is gonna cut
a wide swath thru the ladies here--they must be warned in advance.  Lets
see where were we.  Oh the wings and halo.  Okay Mr Shadow we must gets
you outfitted in wings--wings he says like chicken wings--I loves chicken
wings.  No silly, wings to fly with.  So I take the wild guy off to de
Kit House where the Wings and halos are located.  His business trotted
behind him--it was easy to see who was their boss.  Now what kind of
wings to make him happy.  Oh look he says-those are just perfect--blue
shot with silver strands.  Ok I guess I have to climb up to get them.
Just then we had a visitor who offered to get the wings.  Mitzy Mink
climbed up dere and got the right wings and halo to match and she put
them on him.  She fluttered her long minky eyelashes at him and you could
see a heart in between them.  Hooray--Mitzy Mink will keep him in line.
So she offered to show him around mustey side of de bridge.  Who would
have thought!!!!!

Then another little ferret came across.  Kit her sister was waiting with
me.  She kinda walked lopsided across de bridge.  So naturally I ran to
help her--grab my tail Smokey and be careful.  When we got to our side of
de bridge, she seemed sorta anxious and shaky.  Whatever is de matter,
dear, I asks.  Oh wowsie she was sobbing and crying.  I have been shaking
so long I dont know how to stop.  So de Boss stepped in and folded His
arms around her and comforted her and she suddenly quit shaking and
crying.  He told Ms Smokey dat SaraFerret was de bridge greeter and that
she could trust her.  So Smokey gave a big sigh of relief and smiled.
She says people used to bounce me and hit me and it caused me to have the
shakies.  I told her dat I understood, my first owner used to throw me
against de wall.  But now everything is perfect here.  We hugged and ran
a bit to get rid of some of her nervous energy.  Off we went to de Kit
House where the wings were stored.  Kit climbed up dere and got a
beautiful set of pink fluffy wings rather than the ordinary ones.  Hmmm
I have never seen those fluffy wings and then I heard a voice in my ear--
De Boss whispered--dey are special wings for a special princess.  So the
halo had pink fluffies on it to match her wings.  She declined de tour
saying she was just happy to be rid of de shakes and she wanted to tank
her earth mommy for helping her get across de bridge as she was having
dose lousy shakes.  So off we went to frolic on de otter slide and check
out de fruit bar.

Hugs to all
SaraFerret from the bridge

Copyright 2000 by SaraFerret