From:
Melissa Litwicki <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 13:00:23 -0500
I usually mention all of my ferrets in my posts anyway, but will note here
the origins of each.  I think a good deal of you are familiar with their
personalities. :)

Potpie: A Path Valley sprite who started out dark sable and has now turned
into some sort of weird chocolate/sable roan.  I got her when ferrets were
illegal in MI; my cousin had snuck home a ferret from CO on the plane and I
thought to myself, "I need one of those." I came up with the name 'Potpie,'
built a cage, got books, ferret-proofed, then (don't laugh) called a ferret
distributor in OK and gave them my credit card #.  They air-shipped the 6 wk
old Potpie to the Toledo airport in Feb, '93.  A friend picked her up (I was
at work) and sat her for the day.  When I got to pick her up, she was angry
and honking and pooped in the middle of the floor.  I should've known right
then what I was in for.  :)

Friday: An albino MF sprite that I got in Apr '95 as a companion for Potpie.
She was a gift to a 10 yr old niece of mine.  The family didn't like pets,
and they'd heard I had a ferret, so I offered to take her.  She had symptoms
of adrenal disease when I got her, so I paid for the surgery, asked her
former family for some $$ aid (I was a student) and they said "Let her die."
Needless to say, Friday's still with me.  She was a mountain goat in a
previous life.  Oh, and Potpie didn't like her - she's never liked other
ferrets, so...

Noodle: I got Noodle in Aug '95 as a companion for Friday.  :) He was a near
black sable pet store ferret, 9 wks old, and I picked him out because he was
1) the prettiest and 2) beating up on all the other ferrets in the cage at
the store.  "He's fiesty!" i thought to myself.  Heh!  I should've known
better.  Anyway, he can now be considered the 'best' ferret I have, as he is
nearly perfectly behaved always nowadays.  :)

Easel: I'm not sure why we got Easel; I think John wanted a ferret of his
own, and three is always a good number.  Tracy Tunnison had posted about
this little 3-legged chocolate jill, so we drove up to see her and, of
course, left with her.  Bred by a breeder local to Tracy, she either lost
her right hind leg shortly after birth or was born without it or had an
infection and it had to be removed - we were never sure and the story
changed all the time.  After a lengthy introduction process to the other
two, who'd been best buddies for a while, she became an integral part of the
business and now everybody loves everybody else tons.  Lots of ear-cleaning
going on in that group.  :)

Me, I'm a 25-yr old systems administrator at the University of Michigan's
Ann Arbor campus.  I like ferrets, travelling, music, zippy cars, and warm
weather.  Like all ferret owners, I am at least slightly loopy.

I have to go finish up my xmas shopping now. :)

Melissa

 __ Melissa Litwicki ____ [log in to unmask] __
 By the whole newsgroup devoted tennis showing
     it after scarfing fork and laughters