From:
Bill Gruber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Jan 1999 00:45:46 EST
A couple of people (Jodi Carta <[log in to unmask]> and a Californian
who was thus posting anonymusly) wrote in to comment about the
manufacturers of Febreze, Proctor & Gamble.

They point out that P & G has a horrible record regarding animal testing
and allege that many many thousands of animals suffer and/or die annually
due to P & G testing their products on animals, often in cruel ways.

I know the purchases of many FMLers are influenced by such factors, but I
also continually note that this isn't the forum to discuss general animal
rights issues.  I've decided that I would mention the posters' concerns
here and leave FMLers to deal with this issue on their own as they see fit.

If people would like to send me pointers to animal-rights information,
showing any sides of the issues, I'll gladly make a file with the pointers
available on the FML file server to help your quests for information.  BUT,
unless it's *directly* relevant to ferrets, it's beyond general discussion
on the FML itself.

Yes, I do acknowledge the issues are important -- indeed, too important to
share the space here.  The ferrets must remain the focus of this forum.

Thanks for your understanding,

Bill