Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 04:00:56 -0700
I know there has been some discussion about the Rainbow Bridge and how
people treat their ferts like children.  I'm 43, single and my ferrets
and cat ARE my children, my family.

Sorry to step on any toes, but those who know me know how I feel about
The Bridge.  For me it is the hope that I will one day again see all
those who I love so dearly.  A chance to see them (in some cases) happier
and healthier than I have ever seen them.

My stories about my kids who have left serve 2 purposes for me.  It helps
me with the grieving process, and also memorializes them by giving them a
story of their life.

Sad to say, I will be writing another once I can clear the tears from my
eyes.  Sierra, my youngest, my precious child, has left suddenly.

As always, many of you who feel strongly about your kids will be tempted
to send letters of condolence and cards.  At times my mailbox is so
overflowing that it takes me days to read all of them and respond.  I
truly do appreciate all your heartfelt messages.

I didn't expect Sierra to leave so suddenly.  What I would give to be
able to spend another minute with her and tell her I love her.

What I wish you to do instead of cards is to honor Sierras memory by
spending some extra time with your kids.  An extra hug, an extra kiss.
Tell them that you love them.  Hug other kids.  Hell, go to a shelter and
see the kids there.  They need lotsa love and the knowledge that people
really to care about them.

They are never with us long enough . . . . . . . . .

Kevin B & The Way Kewl Kritter Crew
Member of the Pacific Ferret Shelter Network http://www.FERRETNET.ORG