From:
Brian Canals <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 19:06:15 -0500
My husband took pity on poor Penny last night and let her in the cage with
her brothers.  Oh how she enjoyed sleeping in her hammock.  The one in her
temp cage is not as comfortable.  She curled up between them and I didn't
have the heart to yank her out.  In a little bit though, she got up and made
her way to the food bowl.  It took only a matter of a few bites before she
was gagging.  You could hear the noice from her stomach churning.  Off she
went into her own cage.

She is eating both the Chicken Noodle and Chicken babyfood.  I need some
idea though, how much does she need?  She went through both jars in 24
hours.  She's drinking about 1/2 liter of Infalyte a day.  I haven't put any
regular food in her babyfood yet and haven't made it to the vet to get any
Nutracal.  She's alot more stable and alert and I would like for her to stay
on this course.  She still hates her medicine.

Her litter box is saturated again, but there is also lots of little stools.
She woke up quick today when I opened her door as opposed to me having to
rouse her.  How long should we figure on her being on soft foods and does
any one else have trouble with Kay-T (SP) Ferret Food.  They have all been
eating it for about a year and all have been healthy until now.  I am under
the impression that Iam's kitten food is among the best, but now Gary says
that his babies have problems with the preservative ethoxiquin and someone
else pointed out that it was in Iam's.  Any consensus on this?  They liked
Iam's and I was going to put them back on it in case something in the Max is
what had irritated Penny.

Well, kiss the babies a lot and blindfold the spouses when the babies are
naughty.  Deena