From:
"Linda E. Langve" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 May 1996 23:42:36 -0400
Hi all you ferret folk!

I'm new to the FML and have been lurking around for a couple of weeks
learning all about caring for my first little FLO agent.  His name is
Snickers because he reminds me of the color of a Snickers candy bar and also
because I'm still snickering over all his antics.  :) My question refers to
the use of clumping litter for ferret use.  I've read the FAQ and understand
that this kind of litter can cause respiratory and gastric/intestinal
problems if inhaled or swallowed, but I've heard of several local people
(Madison WI) who have had success with this product.  The advantage of being
able to clean out the urine as well as the solids would be really great
especially in the summer!  My cat has used this litter for years and my
little fert has occasionally gotten into the litterbox and did a little
digging and it didn't seem to bother him.  I'm interested how you more
experienced ferret folk feel about this.

Thanks!
LE Langve (the human), Snickers (suspected FLO agent) and Twinkles (Hey mom!
That "thing" is in my litter box again!!)