From:
Tiffany Wann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 16:02:57 -0700
im sure there are many many fuzzheads out there that love foamy fries....
well..about a week ago, we let our 6 demons try the fries for the first
time...good golly they loved them!  later that night our oldest boy,
Mogey, was chewing on his stashed foamy fry, when he started jumping
around frantically (in a scared, not happy fashion).  as we rushed to
scoop him up, we noticed that the reason for the tantrum was that the
foamy fry had become STUCK (and i do mean STUCK) to his lower front canine
tooth, so the fry was practically choking him, not to mention scaring the
wits out of him, us and the five others...no more foamy fries for our
guys...we will stick to yogies and chicken jerky..just a warning to all
fry users out there...keep a strict eyeball on a fuzz with a fry.

second of all...on the petstore ferrets...i would have to agree with a
post made yesterday...a ferret is a ferret...plain and simple..i dont care
where it came from..its a still a loving, caring ferret...sure, marshall
farms is horrible...and for a while we vowed to never buy a marshall
fuzzy...but when you think about it...by boycotting them, all of those
fuzzies that might get too big in petstores and just not get sold...im
sure at some point they get sent "back" in exchange for "new, young"
ones...thus god only knows what happens to the ones that get sent back.
we dont buy marshall products, but a ferret is a ferret, whether he/she
has little blue tattoos or not.  all 6 of ours are marshalls...and as for
the health problems..from everything ive heard and read...its not JUST
marshall ferrets that have such health concerns..its ALL ferrets..all
ferrets out there, regardless of where they were born, have a chance of
becoming ill...statistics may show more sick ferret numbers in marshall
ferrets..but think about it, there are WAY more marshall ferrets out
there than any other ferret, thus making a number higher, not necessarily
meaning marshalls are more unhealthy than any other private breeder
ferret..ferrets in general have considerably shorter lifespans than most
animal companions, which DOES make them more susceptible to illness
possibly earlier in life.  if humans only had a lifespan of around 10 or
so years, im sure illness would strike us much quicker in our lives and
more frequently, rather than being spread out over years and years.

just my two cents.no flames please, im usually just lurking around here,
but i feel very strongly about this issue and felt like i should voice my
opinion.  every ferret needs a home.  plain and simple.

Tiffany
 & the crew :
Mogey, Sadie, Xander, Keebler, Buffy & Willow