From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Aug 1999 10:46:51 -0400
Just a mention that there is an option when a furry comes in at a time when
your time or budget just won't permit another.  You can be a temporary home
(and let YOURSELF know that from the beginning) while you find another for
the little one.  We've been there in the past.  Sure, it broke our hearts
to say goodbye, but we could NOT have refused to help when it was needed,
and similarly we could not have taken on yet one more at the wrong time.  I
know that a number of people here have done that, and those angelic folks
who run shelters do this all the time.  Hey, it works and it's something
which can be the best option for the ferret, and that is what matters.

Just in case this helps.