From:
"~*Jules*~" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 2004 20:01:27 -0400
Hi Sandee, I've never asked for a greeting before, so this is my first.
But it's not for a ferret, so I don't know if you'll be able to.  Today
my Chameleon died.  I've only had her since Christmas.  I really don't
know what happend.  I took care of her etc.  Her and her hatchlings were
inbred and had a few health problems because of that, but she seemed to
be fine.  A few weeks ago she got a small lump/spot on her lip.  It
wasn't oozing or anything and so I really didn't think anything of it.
Yesterday, I noticed she was on the floor of the cage and she wouldn't
eat.  Her ankle joints bent the wrong way and she couldn't walk.  Her
sibling had the same problem but had hung onto a life of suffering for
months (there was nothing you could do for him, he lived at my store.
We fed and had proper lighting but we think it was mostly genetic.  So
did a breeder who'd bought them and returned them.) I was hoping that she
wouldn't go through the same thing.  She deteriated rapidly over night,
and today she died.  Even though it happened quickly i felt it was
prolonged.  I'm really sad that I don't have her but I'm happy she isn't
suffering anymore.

I would really like if you could make sure she's okay and reunite her
with her other passed sibling, he never had a name but was a red phase
Veiled Chameleon so I think he could be called Clay.  For red clay.  So
could you please see the my Nemmy (Nemises is her name) is okay and that
she and her brother are living happily.  Tell her I'm sorry.

Thank you Sandee.  What you do is a wonderful thing.

- Jules
 + her furry and feathery gang who miss the scaley part of their group