From:
Debbie Hunton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Apr 1998 09:36:30 -0400
Some time ago, someone on the list asked for information and interest in
ferrets in heraldry.  I've changed computers, and lost all my info, so I'm
posting the info here.

Per Fox-Davies (one of "the" sources for heraldry info), "The Ermine, the
Stoat, and the Weasel, &c., are not very often met with" in heraldry.  In
speaking with one of my friends who is substantially more knowledgable in
European history than I am, this is most likely because commoners were
allowed to have ferrets, whereas they were not allowed to have falcons,
which *do* appear in heraldry.

If the person who originally asked for the info would contact me, I would
really appreciate it.

Debbie & Jim
Pixie (The one in charge)