From:
Connie Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Nov 2002 17:29:08 EST
My boy, my joy Butch (5 y/o MF) goes to surgery today.

I already know what we'll find.  First his little pancreas will be
debunked to try and control his bouncing BG (goes from 45 to 85).  While
his TN panels have shown normal hormone ranges, his ultrasound was normal
but I know the truth.  He's losing hair at the base of his tail and along
the side.  His feet are bald (I'll get him slippers if he's cold) and he
smells strange, like ammonia.

While I know he's in the hands of one of the best vets around I'm still
scared.

Please send good wishes for my little one.  He and Maggie have only been
apart when Maggie had her biopsy last year so I know he'll be lonely.
Maggie and CB will miss their little buddy as much as I will.

Connie, Butch, Maggie, and CB

"I am sometimes asked, "Why do you spend so much of your time and money
talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?
I answer, "I am working at the roots."
George T. Angell