From:
"Bruce H. Williams DVM" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 May 1995 07:00:55 -0400
        To Jim Cristea and Cody -

        The most common cause of seizure like behavior, as we have said many
times before, is insulimoa, and this can manifest in any number of strange
ways.  The old "adage"  that seizures don't kill animals is a falsehood.  I am
constantly amazed what vets say not to have ferret office calls these days.
 (See Jessica's adrenal problem above for another good one....)

        I would suggest a blood glucose test and a careful physical exam of the
throat under anesthesia in this instance....

--
Bruce Williams, DVM, DACVP              Department of Veterinary Pathology
[log in to unmask]               Armed Forces Institute of Pathology