From:
"Mark A. Willard" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Jan 1996 16:01:14 -0500
I will soon be moving to Stamford, Connecticut and plan to take my ferret
with me on the plane.  I'm concened about what may happen when I land at
Laguardia airport in New York City.  Given that ferrets are illegal in New
York City (they're not in Stamford), am I running a risk that the folks at
the airport will confiscate my ferret?  Please advise.

Thanks.

[Moderator's note: For what it's worth, I've carried fuzzies openly at LGA
several times.  For one thing, the law enforcement people there aren't NYC
police, they are Port Authority of NY/NJ police & the feds, neither of whom
could care less about ferrets (other than to stop you and ask to hold them).
Now, if your ferrets were parked illegally, or carry guns THEN, yes, I would
suggest caution!  BIG]