From:
Judy Cooke <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:02:41 -0700
I have to tell the story of the Ferret Angel.

A couple weeks ago, I put an albino ferret angel doll I had won in a
contest up on eBay to benefit Ferret Wise.  I posted the link to the
auction here on the FML.  The next day, there was a post from a woman
telling how her daughter had seen the picture of the ferret angel doll
at the auction site and had fallen in love with it.  It looked like her
beloved ferret who was no longer with them!

The auction concluded with a price generously high as to be a big help
to Ferretwise.  When the winning bidder and I made contact, she asked
that I please send the Albino Ferret Angel Doll to the little girl who
was missing her ferret!  I contacted the little girl's mother and asked
if it would be okay for me to send the angel to her daughter...she was
surprised and very, very appreciative of the winning bidders generosity.
I made her promise not to tell the daughter it was coming so it will be
a big surprise to her.

To the winning bidder-who wishes to remain anonymous, I just want to say
thank you!  Your kindness and generosity should be an example to us all.
Not only have you helped a very deserving shelter out in their hour of
need, but you have created a memory that will stay with this child for a
very, very long time-hopefully not only teaching her the joy of giving,
but showing her there are people in this world who aren't afraid to show
they care by giving of themself and expecting nothing in return.

I am touched by your kindness and I think YOU are the real Angel here!
Thank you!

Judy Cooke
Tyson. Hope and Einstein
Precious Lily, Chaucer and Boomer!