From:
Heather Wojtowicz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 May 2002 12:29:53 -0400
Hi Ferret Lovers,

Check out New England Ferret Foster, Education, and Rescue, Inc's website
to read the articles from our April newsletter.

Among them are the story of Jasmine, an older girl whose family lost her
to insulinoma just a month shy of her eighth birthday.  Jasmine went
through a lot in her years, including losing her beloved and irreplaceable
cagemate, but in her last 3 years had finally found a family who loved and
treasured her.

Also read Jimmy's Story.  Jimmy was introduced in our March newsletter and
his life was chronicled in terms of his insulinoma and how he lived with
it.  Part 2 of Jimmy's story goes into detail about the cause of his
insulinoma and other medical problems - careless "backyard breeding" by a
breeder whose lack of knowledge resulted in ferrets who are living with
multiple health problems.

And for anyone wondering why they should take time to volunteer at a
ferret shelter, read "One for the Resume", an article about how two years
of volunteering at a ferret shelter built a skill set that landed me a
good job!

You can view the April newsletter online at
http://www.neferrets.org/id86.htm!

While you're there, browse around the rest of our website!  We've added
another of our educational brochures to our site, the Insulinoma brochure!
Check out our Items for Sale page, especially our new watch design!  The
sale of items on our page benefit the ferrets in our foster care system -
currently there are 12 being cared for.

Bookmark our site - an Adoptable Ferrets page will be added soon!

Sincerely,
New England Ferret Foster, Education, and Rescue, Inc (NEFFER)