From:
"Mcavoy, J. Yvonne" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jun 2001 08:16:56 -0400
I just posted a couple of weeks ago about the 'digging', and apparently
it's normal.  I find that mine seems to do it when she wants something..
whether it's attention, food or just for me to get down and play with her.
How to stop them from doing it?  I haven't found a way yet except to figure
out what she wants and give it to her!  They are not deterred easily.

As far as your concern about her climbing in the underside of your bed, I
don't think there is a way to stop them from doing that.  I really don't
think you need to worry, they make holes in a lot of things and can almost
always get out.  I finally had to cut all of the under linings of my living
room furniture to prevent her from storing everything, including food,
under my couches.  She had a nice bed, hide-away for stolen stuff and snack
bar going on under there.  If a ferret can get in, they most likely will
find their original hold to get out.  I wouldn't worry except for the
condition of the furniture.

If you would happen to find a way to stop or prevent either of these, god
bless you and pass it on to the rest of us!

Yvonne and Taz