From:
Kelly Archer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Oct 2002 16:03:30 EDT
I just had to get in on this one!

Squeak: " if it makes noise its mine..."

Tank: " hand over the sock or this could get ugly"

Sammy: "come on, how could you be mad at this face, you know poo boxes
are for the birds!" (big smile)

Raider: "Mom's mine so back-off, those feet are for me to sit on."

My friends don't believe me when I tell them my ferrets pout.  But as you
all know its really true.  The other day I decided to do a sock load,
much to Tank's dismay.  This entails me crawling under the bed with a cat
toy (long one with tassels on the end) to drag the socks within my reach
meanwhile being bit by Squeak because I happened to touch one of his bell
toys in the process.  Its always interesting staring under the bed (as
far as your head will fit) having 3 ferrets staring right back at you,
I'll tell you if people had used ferrets for fortress protection just
think how history would be different.  Anyhow, Squeak couldn't care less
about my sock removal just as long as I don't touch his toys but Tank on
the other hand gets very upset.  I usually lock him in the cage when I
remove the socks, feeling it lessens the blow a little.  But I was in a
hurry and I left him out, so sad, he watched without a fight very
distressed and not knowing what to do.  He is sneaky th ough, with my
head under the bed and my hand reaching back with the socks filling the
laundry basket, he was carefully removing socks from the basket almost as
fast as I put them in.  After a quick talk with him all was good, I moved
to the other side of the bed only to find him in his ferret tent next to
the bed with one sock which he was laying on.  It was a silent protest,
he just laid there watching me from his tent with that sad look that
melts your heart.

Today all is well, he's back to refilling his stash with dirty socks.
Yes, we let him take our socks.  We both take them off in the living room
just to watch him drag them down the hall into the bedroom.  Its our home
entertainment, and it makes him happy as well as the cat who loves to
chase him while he's dragging the socks.  Just another day in the life of
ferrets!

To the person who's ferret has taken to sitting on your feet, all of mine
do that.  Raider especially, he follows me where ever I go and sits on my
feet.  He sits with me while I cook, do the dishes, brush my teeth etc.
He's my little bud and he's learned begging gets him all kinds of perks!

Take care,
Kelly
Squeak, Raider, Sammy and Tank.
and not to forget Pele the ferret cat.